Wednesday, September 10, 2008

just another one...

-Freedom- by Jack Boudette

How many different words can be used to describe broken
The answer is three and their names are not too be spoken

For they have destroyed the most important part of me
Crushed and bruised, my once eager heart is now free

Now when something is completely ruined it cannot be used anymore
Hence it is free from the pain and the let down that love has in store

Free to go on without the awful burden of being a slave to my heart
Free to go on knowing that a once useless life is at a new start

Being broken and destroyed definitely has its perks
No more sorrow and sting, free from all kinds of hurts

Yes my friends I have decided that love just doesn’t work
It is a wicked game played by those with a secret smirk

For they have either blindfolded themselves not knowing what is really there
Or they have learned to be manipulative, cheating, and never truly fair

Now knowing the consequences of the game and the awfulness that lies in wait
I have chosen not to play, never to love again, I control my own fate!

Just like a dying phoenix from the ashes being reborn
The remnants of my heart are now closed and will never again mourn

No comments: